What is NexTrust?
NexTrust was an EU-funded project which brought together 31 partner organisations to drive collaboration in the logistics industry. Its objective was to increase efficiency and sustainability in European logistics.
The project successfully concluded in October 2018 after delivering several breakthroughs in the freight transportation market. These included:
- Innovative new trustee business model created enabling a networked collaboration–centric approach
- Large scale collaboration between shippers for the first time ever in European logistics history - involving over 90 industry players
- 40+ pilot projects completed, demonstrating CO2 reductions of 20%-70%
- 05 December 2018 NexTrust research delivers breakthrough in the freight transportation market enabling positive sustainable impacts
- 27 November 2018 NexTrust pilot project case studies now available
- 24 October 2018 NexTrust: FTL and intermodal pilot projects video now available!
- 21 August 2018 Press Release - Study: Theory versus practice shows clear underestimation of potential in logistics
- 06 August 2018 GS1 Germany concludes NexTrust pallet pilot
- 24 May 2018 Press release, May 2018: NexTrust reduces CO2 emissions and focuses on fair gain sharing
- 17 April 2018 Press release, April 2018: Frozen Cross Chain LTL Collaboration reduces huge amount of CO2
- 01 March 2018 The introduction of the ‘neutral trustee’ as a new player in the supply chain market
- 27 February 2018 Ground Breaking logistics pilot in London targets toxic fumes and congestion
- 13 October 2017 E-commerce pilot ANGEL is improving delivery rates and increasing customer satisfaction
To find out more about the project’s progress, read our latest news updates.Latest News