What is NexTrust?
NexTrust is an EU-funded project which brings together 31 partners to drive collaboration in the logistics industry. Its objective is to increase efficiency and sustainability in European logistics.
It will create interconnected, trusted networks that collaborate together along the entire supply chain.
NexTrust is developing a new way of working. Its innovative business model aims to create long-term solutions which solve real problems in the logistics sector.
Watch the NexTrust introductory video here.
NexTrust wants to demonstrate in pilot cases:
- Removal of 40% of lorries
- Removal of 15% of delivery vehicles
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions by 70%
- Increase of load factors by 50%
The first results of the pilot cases are expected to be presented in 2016 and published through this website.
These trusted networks, built horizontally and vertically, will fully integrate shippers, logistics service providers (LSPs) and intermodal operators as equal partners.
NexTrust is coordinating 20 different pilots which address problems across the length and breadth of European logistics. These include:
- Bundling freight volumes to reduce the number of vehicles running empty, or at less than full capacity
- Shifting freight from the road onto rail and waterways which are more carbon-efficient
- Creating and refining enabling technologies designed to optimise efficiency in logistics, including re-engineering networks and improving real-time utilisation of transport assets.
In each area, NexTrust is driving efficiency to lower congestion, uncertainty and fuel use. It will help logistics providers to cut costs and remain sustainable in the long-term.