What is NexTrust?
NexTrust is an EU-funded project which brings together 31 partners to drive collaboration in the logistics industry. Its objective is to increase efficiency and sustainability in European logistics.
It will create interconnected, trusted networks that collaborate together along the entire supply chain.
NexTrust is developing a new way of working. Its innovative business model aims to create long-term solutions which solve real problems in the logistics sector.
NexTrust aims to build trusted networks which will fully integrate shippers, logistics service providers, and intermodal operators as equal partners. The project will be coordinating 20 different pilots which address problems across the length and breadth of European logistics. These pilots will aim to:
- Remove 40% of lorries
- Remove 15% of delivery vehicles
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 70%
- Increase load factors by 50%.
In each pilot area, NexTrust is driving efficiency to lower congestion, uncertainty and fuel use. It will help logistics providers to cut costs and remain sustainable in the long-term. Find out how NexTrust will reach across Europe.
- April 2017: Press release: New multi supplier- multi retailer platform. Four major Belgian biscuits suppliers consolidate their deliveries to four Belgian retail stores to reduce truck movements and to increase the truck’s fill rate
- February 2017: Newsletter: Find out how the 23+ pilots are progressing; with many already in the operation and preparation phase, the aim is to validate that trusted collaborative networks can change the way the supply chain is managed today.
- November 2016: Video: What makes NexTrust unique?
To find out more about the project’s progress, read our latest news updates.