What is NexTrust?
NexTrust is an EU-funded project which brings together 31 partners to drive collaboration in the logistics industry. Its objective is to increase efficiency and sustainability in European logistics.
It will create interconnected, trusted networks that collaborate together along the entire supply chain.
NexTrust is developing a new way of working. Its innovative business model aims to create long-term solutions which solve real problems in the logistics sector.
To find out more, watch NexTrust's introductory video.
NexTrust aims to build trusted networks which will fully integrate shippers, logistics service providers, and intermodal operators as equal partners. The project will be coordinating 20 different pilots which address problems across the length and breadth of European logistics. These pilots will aim to:
- Remove 40% of lorries
- Remove 15% of delivery vehicles
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 70%
- Increase load factors by 50%.
In each pilot area, NexTrust is driving efficiency to lower congestion, uncertainty and fuel use. It will help logistics providers to cut costs and remain sustainable in the long-term. Find out how NexTrust will reach across Europe.
Read more about pilot focus areas.
- October 2017: E-commerce pilot 'ANGEL' is improving delivery rates and increasing customer satisfaction. The pilot is reducing, congestion & greenhouse gas emissions in busy metropolitan areas
- September 2017: Collaboration in logistics is achieving breakthrough. Mondelez to host the NexTrust Project consortium meeting in Bratislava and publish validated results of full truck load collborative pilot
- August 2017: Press release & newsletter: NexTrust partner Fiege Logistik trials innovative model for evening parcel delivery.
- April 2017: Press release: New multi supplier- multi retailer platform. Four major Belgian biscuits suppliers consolidate their deliveries to four Belgian retail stores to reduce truck movements and to increase the truck’s fill rate
To find out more about the project’s progress, read our latest news updates.