What is NexTrust?
NexTrust is an EU-funded project which brings together 31 partners to drive collaboration in the logistics industry. Its objective is to increase efficiency and sustainability in European logistics.
It will create interconnected, trusted networks that collaborate together along the entire supply chain.
NexTrust is developing a new way of working. Its innovative business model aims to create long-term solutions which solve real problems in the logistics sector.
NexTrust aims to build trusted networks which will fully integrate shippers, logistics service providers, and intermodal operators as equal partners. The project will be coordinating 20 different pilots which address problems across the length and breadth of European logistics. These pilots will aim to:
- Remove 40% of lorries
- Remove 15% of delivery vehicles
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 70%
- Increase load factors by 50%.
In each pilot area, NexTrust is driving efficiency to lower congestion, uncertainty and fuel use. It will help logistics providers to cut costs and remain sustainable in the long-term. Find out how NexTrust will reach across Europe.
- November 2016: Video: What makes NexTrust unique?
- November 2016: Our latest newsletter with pilot progress, neutral trustee & NIB kick-off news
- July 2016: User Guide on GS1 Standards Compliance published
- May 2016: 4,733 potential collaborative road bundling routes and 20,000 FTLs for potential intermodal conversion identified
- May 2016: Creating ‘stickiness’ for logistics collaboration by working across 4 high impact areas of the European supply chain.
To find out more about the project’s progress, read our latest news updates.