We believe that unlocking efficiency and sustainability in the supply chain requires active collaboration between companies in a trusted environment.
We are working to break down the barriers to creating a more efficient and sustainable logistics industry:
- Companies feel supply chains are a point of competitive difference, but all too often this difference comes at a cost
- Competition creates an environment where trust is absent and collaboration difficult
- Companies are wary of change in the supply chain affecting their customer service
- However, many supply chain inefficiencies cannot be resolved by companies working alone
- Companies need examples of successful collaboration to convince them of the merits of collaborative logistics
NexTrust will show how collaboration in trusted networks can reduce costs, environmental impact while simultaneously improving customer service.
Download the NexTrust information pack (pdf) for more information
Each pilot within NexTrust follows a proven 3-step trust approach which encourages successful collaboration. Throughout this process a trustee, who ensures participants adhere to the methodology, is involved; a necessary measure to build and facilitate effective, scalable, collaborative networks.
What does this involve?
Phase 1: Identification: Creating and configuring the network by collecting freight data, identifying & analysing flows and putting partners together.
Phase 2: Preparation: The trustee is responsible for facilitating the development of business cases to support specific collaboration scenarios, acting as the arbitrator to overcome any barriers or constraints.
Phase 3: Operation: The trustee implements the collaborative agreement, coordinating and supporting actual operations on an on-going and real time basis.
Interested in finding out more? Sign up to our newsletter below or contact us for information on future workshops.Contact
NexTrust aims to build trusted networks which will fully integrate shippers, logistics service providers, and intermodal operators as equal partners. The project will be coordinating 20 different pilots which address problems across the length and breadth of European logistics. These pilots will aim to:
- Remove 40% of lorries
- Remove 15% of delivery vehicles
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 70%
- Increase load factors by 50%.
In each pilot area, NexTrust is driving efficiency to lower congestion, uncertainty and fuel use. It will help logistics providers to cut costs and remain sustainable in the long-term. Find out how NexTrust will reach across Europe.
Read more about pilot focus areas.